Sanjay Dubri National Park Safari
Welcome to another national park in Madhya Pradesh called Sanjay Dubri National Park. It is located in Sidhi & Shahdol districts in north eastern part of the state. This park covers an area of 1650 sq.kms. The core area has Sanjay National park & Dubri sanctuary. This park acts as wild life corridor between Bandhavgarh (Madhya Pradesh) & Palamau Tiger reserve (Chhattisgarh). Wild elephants from nearby Chhattisgarh state use this corridor to reach Bandhavgarh.
The chief vegetation compromises of ever green Sal trees with scattered blocks of Bamboo. The topography has variation from undulating terrain to plateaus & plain areas.
The park has 22+ tigers, 30+ leopards, 30 sloth bears, 152 species of birds, 32 species of mamals,11 species of reptiles,03 species of amphibians & 34 species of fresh water fishes.
Beside this the Banas rivers flowing through the park offers extra interesting activities like birdwatching, swimming, boating & nature walk.
The other nearby excursion can be Bagdara Sanctuary for black bucks & Son Ghariyal area.
Location & How to Reach
Sanjay Dubri National Park is located in Sidhi district of Madhya Pradesh. The Nearest Rail way stations are Beohari. The other stations are Dubri, Kanchanpur & Joba. This park can be reached from so many places as listed below. This is approximately the distance of main Gate called Badkadol gate. However, other gates distance may vary.
- Bhopal (airport /rail station) 550 kms 07 hrs.
- Khajuraho (airport/ rail station) 260 kms 04 hrs.
- Jabalpur ( airport/ rail station) 250 kms 04 hrs.
- Shahdol ( rail station) 120 kms 02:30 hrs.
- Rewa & Singaurli ( rail station) 130 kms 02:30 hrs.
- Varanasi ( airport/ rail station) 260 kms 05 hrs.
- Allahabad ( airport/ rail station) 200 kms 04 hrs.
- Katni ( rail station) 200 kms 04 hrs.
- Bandhavgarh National Park it is 110 kms 02 hrs.
Safari Zones & Gates in Sanjay Dubri National Park.
From tourism point of view, the park is divided into 05 zones. Out of them Dubri, Giddha, Bastua, Machmahua are core area & Kiolari is buffer area.
These different zones have respective gates as below.
- Dubri – Badkadol gate. (Core area)
- Giddha – Karwahi gate. (Core area)
- Bastua – kolipahari gate. (Core area)
- Machmahua – Kusmi gate. (Core area)
- Koilari – Koilary gate. (Buffer area)
Night Stay facility inside Sanjay Dubri National Park.
Sanjay Dubri National Park, doesn’t have Guest Houses in core area. Few small guest houses for staying are there , but they should not be confused with the same charm of Corbett, Dhudhwa & Pilibhit. They are located at the entrance gate itself. They can be booked by department office.
Private Hotels: Many private hotels are there on different gates of the park.
Opening & closing date of Sanjay Dubri National Park & weekly off.
Sanjay Dubri National Park opens from 01’st October to 30’th June every year. This park does not open in monsoon season i.e. July, August & September.
Sanjay Dubri National Park does not offer safari in afternoon shift on every Wednesday. Besides this the park remains close completely on festival of Holi in the month of March every year.
Types of safaris in Sanjay Dubri National Park
Broadly safari can be classified into 03 types in this park.
- Normal Safaris: Mostly safaris are done by jeep (06-seater) in this park. There are 02 shifts i.e. morning & afternoon. Morning shifts are longer here (till 11:00 am). Afternoon safaris are shorter here & a smaller number of jeeps are allowed.
Note: In Sanjay Dubri National Park, mostly jeeps are booked on exclusive basis. However, there are few jeeps which can be booked in single seat basis also. These jeeps do not go to hotel to pick up guests. One has to go to gate for safaris. If number of single passengers/ tourists are less than 06 then remaining cost is divided among present tourists to make payment complete. Single seat option is clearly seen on site at the time of booking.
- Tatkal Safaris: These safaris are done by jeeps mainly in premium zones of the park. There are no fix numbers of jeep in this category. Only those jeep appear in this quota which are previously booked but are cancelled due to some reason. This quota opens at 05:00 pm for next day morning & afternoon. The costing is slightly higher than normal/advance quota jeeps.
- Premium safaris: There is no concept of Full day & Half day safari in this park.
- Elephant Safaris: This park offers to enjoy short elephant ride in the core area. You can enjoy elephant for 30 minutes which is termed as JOY-RIDE. On should have advance safari booked & informed at the entry regarding this choice. This short Joy-rides are subject to availability of elephants.
Safari Booking Process, Quota & Requirement
All safaris can be booked by official site www.mponline.gov.in. One has to register on this site & after going to wild life section you need to fill details like name, age, gender, nationality, photo id proof numbers. For Indian nationals Aadhar card, passport, driving license, voter id etc are valid. For Non-Indians passport details & country is mandatory. By booking safari you only secure your seat for safaris. Rest formalities are done on the safari day itself.
In Sanjay Dubri National Park only Entrance fee & vehicle entry fee is charged in tickets/ permit.
Guide fee & vehicle fare are to be paid on the safari day.
You can select zones while you are making online booking. The zones once selected cannot be changed. You have to rebook the permit if you want to change the zone. Your previous amount will go waist.
All types of safaris are booked through this site only.
- Boarding pass:
After booking safaris, one has to get boarding pass on the safari day. For getting boarding pass you have report to Central Booking office of the park 01:00 hrs before safari. You have to show original copy of safari voucher & Id proofs to get boarding pass. Boarding pass give you vehicle number & guide name allotted for your safari. After this you are ready for the safari. Boarding pass is must for every safari.
Same Id proof is mandatory (given at the time of booking) to carry during safaris as some times they check at the entry gate.
- Choice of guide & driver/jeep.
For every safari booked, the department allots guides & vehicles by roaster system. Professional guides & drivers can be hired by paying extra fee to the department as per rules.
- Entrance Fee:
The Entrance fees are same for Indians & Non-Indians in Sanjay Dubri National Park.
The fee structure remains same throughout the season. Weekends hike in fee is not seen in Sanjay Dubri National Park.
There are 03 quotas for safari bookings.
- Advance quota: In Sanjay Dubri National Park, the safari booking opens 120 days prior to visit. Almost 90 % of tickets / permits are made available in this quota.
- Wait -listed quota: When in any zone all jeeps are full on website, then you are allowed to book few more tickets like in train.The system indicates the status of the tickets after payment is made.
The wait- listed tickets are likely get confirmed against other cancelled tickets. This is done 05 days prior to the visit. You will get sms from the department regarding confirmation. If your tickets are not confirmed then your amount comes back in your account.
Current quota: As 90% tickets/ permits are made available in advance quota through website only 10% tickets are left for current quota. This quota opens 01:00 hrs prior to each safari shift at the department’s booking centre. Guests has to stand in ques to get tickets.
Number of Jeeps/ canters for safaris in Sanjay Dubri National Park.
Sanjay Dubri National Park has below distribution of jeeps in various zones for direct tourists.
Dubri: Morning shift 09 & afternoon 07.
Giddha: Morning shift 05 & afternoon 04
Bastua: Morning shift 09 & afternoon 07.
Machmahua: Morning shift 05 & afternoon 04.
We provide all services from booking safaris to get with boarding pass & jeeps, guides to your hotel as per department’s rules and assistance during your stay in Sanjay Dubri National Park. We help you to select good zones from sighting point of view. Good guides & professional drivers can be hired by paying extra fee as per department rules. Transport is also provided from Jabalpur, Nagpur, Bhopal, Varanasi, Allahabad, Bandhavgarh national park & other places as per your itinerary.
Request A Quote Now
Plan your holidays in India.
Discover the best holiday packages in India classified according to your interest, theme and destination with Cultural Safari Tours. Make your holiday memorable, book now!Book Your Trip!