Panna National Park
Welcome to another important wildlife destination called Panna National Park. It lies in Panna & Chhatarpur districts of Madhya Pradesh. Located in Vindhya hills, differentiates from other parks with large plateaus & gorges.
The total area of the park is 1600 sq. kms all together.
The Ken river imparts more beauty to it. The forest is Dry Deciduous, which makes advantage from sightings point of view.
This park has been another example of Tigers relocation programme. The population has increased from 0 to 50 in last 10 years.
Panna has 50+ tigers, 80+ leopards, 100 + sloth bears, 200 species of birds & 05 species of vultures.
Location & how to reach Panna National Park.
Panna National Park is located in Panna & Chhatarpur districts of Madhya Pradesh. The main gate called Madla is 25 kms (40 minutes) from Khajuraho, 90 kms (02 hrs) from Satna, 190 kms (03 hrs) from Jhansi, 300 kms (06 hrs) from Jabalpur & 250 kms (04hrs) from Bandhavgarh National Park.
The nearest airport is Khajuraho. Second important airport is Jabalpur.
Safari Zones & Gates in Panna National Park.
From tourism point of view, the park is divided into 03 zones. Out of them Madla & Hinauta are core area & Harsa is buffer area.
Night Stay facility in Bandhavgarh.
Panna doesnot have guest houses in core areas. Few rooms are located at the entrance gate itself. They can be booked by department office.
Night safari is available in Panna National Park.
Private hotels: There are many hotels are scattered around Madla Gate
Opening & closing date of Panna National Park. & weekly off.
Panna opens from 01”st October to 30”th June every year. This park does not open in monsoon season i.e. July, August & September.
Types of safaris in Panna National Park.
Broadly safari can be classified into 03 types Panna National Park.
- Normal Safaris: Mostly safaris are done by jeep (06-seater) in Panna. There are 02 shifts i.e. morning & afternoon. Morning shifts are longer here (till 11:00 am). Afternoon safaris are shorter here & a smaller number of jeeps are allowed.
Note: In Panna , mostly jeeps are booked on exclusive basis. However, there are few jeeps which can be booked in single seat basis also. These jeeps do not go to hotel to pick up guests. One has to go to gate for safaris. If number of single passengers/ tourists are less than 06 then remaining cost is divided among present tourists to make payment complete. Single seat option is clearly seen on site at the time of booking.
- Tatkal Safaris: These safaris are done by jeeps mainly in premium zones of the park. There are no fix numbers of jeep in this category. Only those jeep appear in this quota which are previously booked but are cancelled due to some reason. This quota opens at 05:00 pm for next day morning & afternoon. The costing is slightly higher than normal/advance quota jeeps.
- Premium safaris: Full day & Half day safaris are not allowed in Panna.
Safari Booking Process, Quota & requirement.
- Booking safaris.
All safaris , can be booked by official site www.mponline.gov.in . One has to register on this site & after going to wild life section you need to fill details like name, age, gender, nationality, photo id proof numbers. For Indian nationals Aadhar card, passport, driving license, voter id etc are valid. For Non-Indians passport details & country is mandatory. By booking safari you only secure your seat for safaris. Rest formalities are done on the safari day itself.
In Panna only Entrance fee & vehicle entry fee is charged in tickets/ permit.
Guide fee & vehicle fare are to be paid on the safari day.
You can select zones while you are making online booking. The zones once selected cannot be changed. You have to rebook the permit if you want to change the zone. Your previous amount will go waist.
All types of safaris are booked through this site only.
- Boarding pass:
After booking safaris, one has to get boarding pass on the safari day. For getting boarding pass you have report to Central Booking office of the park 01:00 hrs before safari. You have to show original copy of safari voucher & Id proofs to get boarding pass. Boarding pass give you vehicle number & guide name allotted for your safari. After this you are ready for the safari. Boarding pass is must for every safari.
Same Id proof is mandatory (given at the time of booking) to carry during safaris as some times they check at the entry gate.
- Choice of guide & driver/jeep.
For every safari booked, the department allots guides & vehicles by roaster system. Professional guides & drivers can be hired by paying extra fee to the department as per rules.
- Entrance Fee:
The Entrance fees are same for Indians & Non-Indians in Panna. The fee structure remains same throughout the season. Weekends hike in fee is seen not in Panna.
There are 03 quotas for safari bookings.
- Advance quota: In Panna, the safari booking opens 120 days prior to visit. Almost 90 % of tickets / permits are made available in this quota.
- Wait -listed quota: When in any zone all jeeps are full on website, then you are allowed to book few more tickets like in train.The system indicates the status of the tickets after payment is made.
The wait- listed tickets are likely get confirmed against other cancelled tickets. This is done 05 days prior to the visit. You will get sms from the department regarding confirmation. If your tickets are not confirmed then your amount comes back in your account.
- Current quota: As 90% tickets/ permits are made available in advance quota through website only 10% tickets are left for current quota. This quota opens 01:00 hrs prior to each safari shift at the department’s booking centre. Guests has to stand in ques to get tickets.
Number of Jeeps/ canters for safaris in Bandhavgarh.
Panna has below distribution of jeeps for direct tourists in core areas.
Madla: Morning shift 35 & afternoon 25
Hinauta: Morning shift 15 & afternoon 10
We provide all services from booking safaris to get with boarding pass & jeeps, guides to your hotel as per department’s rules and assistance during your stay in Panna. We help you to select good zones from sighting point of view. Good guides & professional drivers can be hired by paying extra fee as per department rules. Transport is also provided from Jabalpur, Khajuraho, Satna, Jhansi, Bhandhavgarh & other places as per your itinerary.
Request A Quote Now
Plan your holidays in India.
Discover the best holiday packages in India classified according to your interest, theme and destination with Cultural Safari Tours. Make your holiday memorable, book now!Book Your Trip!